About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Saturday 5 June 2010

Gone Daddy Gone, Rafa is Gone

Wow, I cant believe we have actually done it!!!!

His miserable reign is over!!! Happy Days!!!! My cup runneth over with joy etc......

So let look at the hard facts, we have negtiated at initial 3 mill settlement with a possible 3 mill more if he cant find another job. Now this may appear like we pressed the panic button too soon. I dont think so, if Inter are interested in him, the nature of Rafa's contract would make it too expensive for them to approach us direct, and pay exorbitant compensation. Also from our side we get rid of him for a mere 3 million rather than having to pay out the rest of 40 mill odd of the 5 year deal he signed last summer.

King Kenny & Christian Purslow are now tasked with finding a replacement, I am a little bemused by this. Martin Broughton still hasnt found buyer at the ridiculous price that the useless yanks want, so what is the point in getting a new manager until that is resolved??? We have seen with several other clubs, when new owners move in the existing manager is invariably not their man, so they dont back him in the transfer market, and eventually they sack him.

No point in appointing Hodgson for example if we find buyer and they want Hiddink or whoever. I hope this decision was part of a joined up approach to get the club back on track. I know that might sound a bit hypocritical, as I have wanted rid of Benitez for about 2 years now, but the timing has to be right. If Broughton has buyer and they have indicated who they would like to be the manager then thats fine, if not, we could end up like Newcastle firing managers every 6-8 months and slowly sliding backwards.

At the moment Hodgson seems to be the favourite, I have seen the wonderful work he has done at Fulham first hand, and he would be a safe stable choice.

I have read with horror on the BBC website today that the Mekon, (aka Sven) is interested. Please Kenny & Christian, do not go anywhere this baffon!!!!!! If that idiot is a serious candidate, we should rather have kept the FSW! Sven has been at Notts County, Mexico & and now Ivory Coast in the last 12 months, where he has done nothing except line his pockets with pay-offs for poor performance.

Obviously Mr Grant has gone to West Ham, I dont see Martin O'Neill as a serious candidate. He is already managing a Europa League Team, why come to us with all the uncertainty around our ownership and no guarentee of funds or indeed if we will have any players either.

I think we have to accept the Torres will go to Barca or Inter after the World Cup hopefully we will get around 100 million for him. He is a lot better than the Show Pony and teh manc's got a fortune for him. Nando has always said if Rafa goes, he goes. So it will be a huge loss, but 100 million tranfer kitty will surely allow us to bolster the threadbare squad we have. hell even if new manager on gets half of that, thats at leats 3-4 decent player he can bring in. While the rest can be used to service the ridiculous debt the yanks have put us in.

As mentioned in previous posts, I will continue to write about The Reds despite Rafa's departure.

YMWA

No comments:

Post a Comment