About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Thursday 14 April 2011

Blue Monday ???

What a great performance on Monday I thought I was watching Liverpool. But there I was being entertained, jumping out of my seat and high 5-ing my housemate and generally enjoying myself. But that cant be right can it??? We didnt get anything like that under Uncle Woy and only occasionally under Rafa the FSW.

Amazing game we were first to everything we didnt let them settle and the game was over long before halftime. I cant think of a single player who wouldnt have got at least 8/10. Lucas and Spearing were imperious in the middle of the park. Opitimised by 2 incidents in the 2nd half, Lucas winning his 300th header against Dzeko and Jay Spearing booting lumps out of Yaya Toure on the edge of the City box!! Brilliant.

Suarez and Carroll seems to be developing a good understanding, despite my comments on my last posting. That why I do this and Kenny runs the team! Dirk was at his duracell-bunny best. Raul was steady probably the only player who didnt stand out. Aurelio lasted 90 minutes, a miracle which I have reported to the Vatican!!

And what about 'Flanno'??? Young John Flanaghan was excellent his best moment was tracking the petulant malcontent that is Mario Balotelli and bundling him to the floor when he tried to sneak in on the blindside.

We were helped by Mancini's ineptitude and the general malaise in the City camp. Playing 4-4-2 for them was a mistake,changing a team that just won 5-1 at Sunderland was a mistake and not switching Adam Johnson over to Flanaghan's side of the pitch was bizarre especialy after they were 3-0 down.Did they really have anything to lose??? No-one in the PL want him running that them never mind a young lad on debut.

I think there will be a lot of players who leave City in the summer. What is the point of going to a big club and not playing? There are players who will gladly takes the wages and not bother but others have pride.Can you really see the likes of Johnson,Milner,Silva,Richards staying if they arent playing regularly. I think these guys will leave and be willing to take a cut in wages if required. Could you imagine what Adam Johnson would be like in our team.

We are a really conundrum within an enigma this year. We have played well against all the top 5 this year. Narrow defeat to Spurs (thanks Soty), a valiant fightback after being 3-0 down against ManUre. A plucky home draw with 10 men against the Gooners at home on the opening day. 6 points of Chelski, ManUre and City dismissed in our last 2home games.

Yet this same group of players couldnt muster a point against Blackpool, have lost to West Ham,West Brom and Wolves and could only manage 2 draws against Wigan. Be glad to see the back of all these 'W's!!! It is odd. Even since Kenny has come back we have still shown a flaw when playing the donkeys down the bottom. Still I think on the whole things are looking up.

We really need to decide if Kenny is going to stay beyond the end of the season. We should be starting to look at new players and they will all want to know who the gaffer is going to be. Personally I am still not sure if he a long term answer but do we really need another management change? I would give him a rolling 1 year deal. That would work for everyone, we arent overcommiting and he can still leave a legend.

Turning to Sunday I still think we have to lose. I know that is ridiculous but we were in the same situation last year when we played Chelski. On that occasion thankfully Stevie G saw Drogba make a great run and couldnt help but pass it to him!!

We need a similar thing on Sunday. If we beat the Gooner's the Legions of Doom will have won the League for the 19th time.Un-fucking-thinkable!

I still cant believe as I type this that when we won our 18th in 1990, they would ever get close to us, never mind pass us. The really gallig thing about it is they have been rubbish this season along with most of the other big clubs but they are still up there. Its too depressing for words.

They are also looking good in Europe after completing another bye against Chelski and now meet Schalke. Led by 375 year old Raul! Another bye. Only they can get to the Final of the Champions League and not have played a single team with any European pedigree.

Let hope Barcelona beat them 7-0 in the final. Viva Messi Viva!

I digress, I digress, I digress. If we play anything like the way we did on Monday night Arsenal are in for a hiding of note. Sqaullaci and young Koschelny are not going to be able to cope with Carroll and Suarez. They had enough trouble with Carl Taylor-Fletcher and DJ Campbell last week! Midfield I think we are match only Walcott and Van Persie worry me, oh yes, and that pesky little Rusky who like to score against us, Andre of the Arse Shavin! But really I think we will win on Sunday. I hope Kenny accepts the case of wine with good grace from Sith Lord Ferguson when it arrives from the Theatre of Delusions!

Of course I cannot sign off this blog without mentioning the harrowing, haunting and heart-breaking events of the 15/04/89. A day that will never be forgotten by Reds fans the world over. Tomorrow we mark the 22nd anniversary of Hillborough where 96 followers of the greatest team in the world died because of police incompotence and inaction.

I remember the day clearly, I had just finished playing football with my dad and we returned home and switched on the telly. We had stopped to get some beers and my dad's best friend and another guy from my class at school were there. We had missed the the first 15 minutes of the game. Which by that time had come to a halt. Bruce was trying to open gates and pull people up and over the fence. We watched in horror as peoples faces turn blue. It was terrible. There seems little assistance from the authorities at the time. Disgusting really.

But not as heinous as the headline published here in the UK by that bastion of journalism know as the Sun. This 'paper' caters to peoples whose IQ's are comparable to that of an ameba. THE TRUTH it screamed!!! All the Liverpool fans were drunk and they charged into the central pens and were to blame for killing their own. Irresponsible, unsubstiated and inflamitory was what it was. That particular newspaper still battles to sell in Liverpool to this day. They would never have dared publish that if it happened to any London club or indeed ManUre, but as all scousers are scum to them it was fair game to print this nonsense.

I have read the real truth by by Phil Scraton - 'Hillborough The Truth' I tell you it is the most disturbing book I have ever read. I could barely read 10 pages at a time without sobbing my eyes out or getting so angry that I wanted to punch someone. That was in 2002. I can only imagine the anger and pain still felt by the relatives of the 96. They still await justice. How David Duckenfield and Bernard Murray sleep at night (if they are still with us) is beyond me.

We shall never forget the 96.

YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment