About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Monday 1 February 2010

Tide Turning

Well its been a few games since my last posting. We have managed to beat Spurs who thankfully didnt get off the bus, and of course one of the most generous offside decisions ever given after Soty and Pepe made a complete mess of things.

Next we bored Wolves and the World to death again, and Saturday looks like we have been quite comfortable against Bolton, despite somem suicidal defending and pathetic finishing.

So has the tide turned are we going to go on a run to cement 4th place. I think not, we are still not dominating games the way we should and with our next 3 fixtures, being the Bluenose scum, Man City and the Gooners, I dont see 9 points there. If we want to finish 4th, thats what we need.

I think we will have too much for Everton, as they like a fight and that probably sits us better. Man City could go either way, if they play like they did against Pompey yesterday, we will win. If they play like the did against the Legions of Satan in the League Cup, then we will lose, so I will go for a draw. And despite their result yesterday I can see us beating Arsenal away.

Why have we been better over the last few weeks? Easy Jamie Carragher has not been in the centre of defence. Before you all lynch me for pillorying this Icon of our great club, just look at the evidence. Last season he gave away around 7 penalties, this season he has been out muscled by such behomoths of the game as Frederic Pecacho from Pompey and the mighty goal scoring machine that is Bobby Zamora! Enough said.

Also Albert Riera is back, giving us natural width on the left and adding another dimension to our attacking play, and lastly the cock-eyed Roman Emperor is finally playing! If only Rafa had bit the bullet sooner with him, we might not have suffered draw with Birmingham and Blackburn & pathetic defeats away at Pompey.

I have to give Rafa some credit, he didnt play Lucas and went 4-4-2 and we looked better for it. The reason behind Lucas not playing is more to do with the fact he has 7 yellows and with the 3 opponents coming up he want him to be available for all 3. Woe are we!

Saturdays prediction 2-1 win to the Reds, after all Everton are bound to score from a set-piece at some point!

YMWA

No comments:

Post a Comment