About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Spurs Preview

Well here we go again.

Ryan Babel has apologised for being an arrogant, underachieving Dutch prick for the 2nd time in 3 months. Perhaps if he took the 2 bags of McCains Oven Fries off his shoulder and actually tried to impress the fans, team-mates and Manager, by playing to his alleged potential we might actually give a shit about what he thinks, says or does!

Next let me doft my cap to Mr Mancini for wiping that smarmy smile off that Govan inbred piece of shite's face and beating the Legions of Satan 2-1 this evening even with the Keystone cops defending towards the end. Tevez was immense.

Right Spurs tomorrow night. Well after Rafa's last effort at team selection who the hell knows what team formation he is going for. Could we see Reina make his debut up front? Will Maxi play at centre-half? And the burning question will Lucas ever pass the ball forward to a player in a Liverpool shirt????

I believe Lucas is suspended, so we might play with direction or purpose tomorrow night. My team would be

Goals -Reina
Defence - Degen-Skrtel- Carra- Aurelio
Midfield - Babel-Mascherano-Aquailini-Riera
Up Front - Maxi in the hole and Ngog.

Spurs are going to come and pass and move the ball around, so we need to be a little more creative ourselves to exploit and space in behind. No point in trying shackle them, we cant cope with Defoe's pace, let the come on to us and use the pace of Babel and guile of Maxi to hit them on the break. Alberto is good at spotting the early ball to let him run the show in the middle of the park.

Hopefully that will be enough not to see us get thrashed 3-0!

My prediction a 2-1 defeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment