About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Monday 3 May 2010

End of Season Malaise

Apologies for not having blogged for several weeks. I have been on holiday in South Africa, and thanks to the pesky Icelandic volcano was forced to have an extra 2 weeks holiday! Quite appropriate really that my last post mentioned molten lava and bang Iceland explodes!

See not only do I know more about picking the best team for LFC than Rafa, I can predict the weather! So where ot I begin this posting?

I think we are thankfully coming to the end of this dark chapter in our proud Club's history. It would appear the old Lady of Turin has lifted Her petticoats and Rafa is salavating at taking over a team currently 7th in Serie A, full of average players who arent good enough. Sound familiar???? Arriva Derche Rafa, I hope you achieve nothing and take every ounce of fun out of the football over there. Oh wait the Italians have already done that, you should fit well with all the other boring negative coaches over there.

I thought it was quite appropriate that we were swept away by a quality opponent yesterday, after showing some initial promise. Sort of sums up Rafa's 6 years in charge. Once again he proved that against the other top 4 teams he is wholly inadaquate, tactically inept. Last season was a fluke that we were able to take so many points. The true legacy of Rafa is that he always struggled to beat team who set up similarly, Bolton,Blackburn, and his ultimate nemisis Birmingham, a team he has never beaten in his 6 seasons here. You can afford to not beat the big teams if you cleaning up against the dross, but when you play dross every week you have no chance.

I think our season was best summed up by the fact that we lost a football match to a beachball! Perhaps that was karma paying us back for all the last minute winners/equalisers we scored last season. Lets hope so, the Legions of Doom have had about 5 of those this season and been the beneficiary of 11 own goals! At that rate they will be relegation fodder next year, one can only hope, tough with rafa at the helm we wont be far behind or is that ahead!

Our run in hasnt been too bad, the customary draw with Birmingham, and struggle to beat an excellent Fulham team aside, we have played reasonably well. It was too much to ask the boys to really produce yesterday as they all knew the consequences if we did beat Chelski and that doesn't bear thinking about for too long! Stevie G provided the pass of the season to set up Drogba, like the good scouse boy he is. I am sure it has been his boyhood dream to either score or provide the pass that wins the league. Clearly he isn't going to achieve that with LFC & Rafa. Hopefully Fat Frank or 'where is your wife' Terry will give him their winners medal!

Anyway hopefully only one more game of Rafa, then he will be off. Dont worry I will continue to post on all matters Red, but feel I should leave the blog name as is as tribute to the man who finally drove me to do something I have always wanted to do, write about my beloved Club and the beautiful game. I am certain that Rafa does read this, as not only has he changed the zonal-non-marking to a half and half scenario, but he has dropped Gerrard into the deeper midfield role, freeing Aquilani to do his thing.He has also sent several of our youngsters out on loan, including Jay Spearing who will be gracing the play-offs with Leicester. He still plays Babel out of position and we have serious issues down the left hand side and upfront, but I suppose if he did everythng I suggested, then I could sue him for plaigerism!

My last post this season will deal with who should go from the playing staff and who we can hope to attract bearing in mind its Europa League for us next season. Also how ddi we end end up with a Chelsea season ticket holder as a Chairman, are we that bad no-one who supports the club wants to be in charge?

YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment