About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

A Sorry State of Affairs

I have watched the working of of our 'esteemed leader' over the last 5 seasons, and I have to be honest I amazed and baffled by almost everything he does.

At the beginning there was his constant rotation of players, and total reliance on heartrate monitors and Paco (he of the shaven pate) to decide who was fit enough to play. Then there was the Ranieriesque tactical substitutions allowing us to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on many occasions.

Now we have moved on to 4-2-3-1 and when it doesn't work we continue to play it, zonal non-marking, Lucas why???? the non use of Aquailini, and many other glaringly obvious flaws which he continues to ignore.

There have been 3 consistencies throughout his reign:
1) At least 1 protracted loss of form per season normally at the start, list below for your veiwing pleasure.
2004-2005 Season after 1st 8 league games we had only won 3 and were 11th in the table.(inherited squad that had finished 4th the season before)
2005-2006 After 10 league games only three 1-0 wins and 13th in the table. This was immediate followed by 12 games undefeated during which we only conceded 3 goals.
2006-2007 After 9 games only 3 wins and 11th in the table.
2007-2008 Mid season woe - from 7Dec07 to 29Jan08 (9 games) only 2 wins.
2008-2009 10 games from late November to end of Jan again only 3 wins but 7 draws - this ultmately cost us the title while the Legions of Satan were messing around in Japan.
2009-2010 The whole bloody season so far!!!!!!!

2) A stubborness greater than a the burro's in Espana could muster at their annual convention! I will not go into all the details here as I will no doubt comment on these individual acts in many of my future posts.

3) Tactical ineptitude that is almost Sounessesque.
Istanbul is a prime example, and my favourite tactic Zonal Non-Marking again I will discuss these seperately.

The above are the main reasons I have started this Blog and I will not stop until this man is removed from the job and his illegitimate love child (Lucas) goes with him.


3 comments:

  1. WOHOOO THE FIRST TO COMMENT!!!! On I am sure, soon to be much read blog!!

    First thing we need to do, is get rid of Lucas!!! He can not string two passes together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I reckon its just a blip. You were a bit off the mark with the stoke and spurs predictions. Look what happened last season. We didnt have Gerrard and Torres in a number of games and we still got results. And only two defeats in the league. I reckon he will turn things around, only one point off fourth is nothing. And whos to say we cant win the europa league. Coming 4th and winning the europa league would be a good season. But having said that Rafa will probably be off in the summer. So too will alot of the below par players he has signed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aquilani , not convinced by him yet. But he will get better with playing more matches.

    ReplyDelete