About Me

I have been a Red since I was about 6 or 7. My boyhood hero was Kenny Dalglish and I have an autograph from him while he was still at Celtic. Thanks Gran! As such I gravitated towards the team he played for. So I have been Scottish-South African- Scoucer for about 30 years now! I am extremely passionate about our club, and have felt the need to start this blog in the face of the abject nature of our performaces under Benitez and the Hicks/Gillett ownership.

Sunday 10 January 2010

Why Why Why Lee- eeiii-va?

Firstly, let me say happy Birthday for yesterday Lucas!
Secondly, let me also grudgingly admit that in the last month he has been our best player.

Now that 2nd point tells you 1 of 2 things, either he is improving or the team has been that bad! I believe it is probably a bit of both.

I believe that to be professional fotballer with Liverpool n cenral midfield you require a certain skills set.

You need to be very fit and willing to run until a one of you lungs collaspes!
You need to have the vision to pick out a pass (preferably to someone wearing the shirt as you).
You need to be able to tackle, and undestand where you need to be postionally when we dont have the ball.
You need to carry some sort of goal threat. (by that I mean for us not the oppistion!)

Lucas Leiva does not meet any of these criteria!
His general workrate is poor.
He always seems to be out of position when we dont have the ball.
His passing is too wayward and mostly sideways or backwards.
His tackling is abysmal, invariably he commits the most fouls in every game.
The Liverpool website describes him as 'box-to-box' midfielder, I have to assume they are talking of his ability to change from X-box gaming to PS3 or Wii!

So what does he bring to the team??? I DONT KNOW! If anyone has a clue please let me know. He was the Brazilian U20 captain, all I can say that must have been a shockingly poor crop of players if 1) Lucas was in the squad and 2) they felt he was good enough to be the leader on the pitch!

This is what I find frustrating about Benitez, he persists with sub standard players like this who get game after game after game, yet a player like Ryan Babel, get very little opportunity and when he does its invariably out of position on the left and for about 15 minutes when we are chasing the game.

I have to be honest how we managed to sign to the only Brazilian on planet Earth who cant play football is beyond me! I can only assume Lucas has pictures of Rafa doing something inappropriate with children or farm animals, why else would you keep playing him???

We have plenty options in the reserves. Little Jay Spearing, Damian Plessis to name just 2. This season is a right-off and a top 6 finish would be an achievement, so why not give players who can actually play a chance.

YNWA

2 comments:

  1. Blow me, f**kface. Go to hell, I’m sick of you. I always preferred Ice Hockey anyway ... go Canadiens xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what happens when you let North Americans on the Internet. Go back your own uselesss sports that no-one else watches or care abouts about. Ice Hockey???? Bunch of padded morons how hit each other with sticks and only ever score when the other team has a man in the sinbin!

    Canada's contribution to football, Paul Stalteri and that little Paul Peschisolido. I rest my case!

    ReplyDelete